SHRIVENHAM PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY
Applications are invited for the post of:
CLERK TO THE COUNCIL
21 hours per week plus council meetings from 13th September 2016
Salary: Scale LC2 Points 26-34 – £23,398 – £29,323 (pro rata, dependent upon experience)
The Council is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified person to be responsible for the administrative, legal, and management aspects of the Council. The successful candidate should have:
- Relevant previous experience of Local Government structure;
- Excellent communication and IT skills;
- Experience in managing and leading staff;
- A willingness to pursue on-going training opportunities;
- And the ability to work successfully with our 11 Councillors, residents, Local Authority departments and contractors.
The Council has a designated office and the post holder will be expected to be available in the Council Office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays each week for seven hours. There will also be a number of evening meetings.
For further details of the post, job description and job application form please contact Shrivenham Parish Council by phone, at the Office address or by email.
Closing date for applications: 01 September 2016
Interviews will be held on 07 September 2016
Shrivenham Parish Council, Viscountess Barrington’s Memorial Hall, Highworth Road, Shrivenham, Swindon, Oxon, SN6 8BL.
Phone: 01793 782925 (Tuesday and Thursday only)