International award-winning trio brings Celtic blend to Watchfield
An award winning instrumental trio who blend Celtic folk music with strands of rock, Americana and Eastern European tradition are performing at Watchfield Village Hall on Friday 22nd June.
Critically acclaimed acoustic trio Whalebone are coming to Watchfield as part of their 2018 tour promoting their latest award-winning album Mirabilia.
The band are known for using more unusual instruments alongside traditional guitars and fiddle, with five-string violin, eight-string baritone guitar, mandolin and bouzouki all featuring in their music. “We’re definitely not purists where music is concerned. We love to blend different musical flavours together” said guitarist Steve Downs, who will be joined onstage by fiddle player Sarah Ibberson and guitarist Char Watson.
Tickets are £10.00 (£6.00 children) and are available by calling Julie on 01793 783894 or Sue on 01793 780329, by email from email@example.com, or online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/whalebone. For more information, or to see and hear clips of the band in action, please see www.whalebone-music.com or check out their YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/whalebonemusicvideos.
Age UK will be holding a film show for the over 50s at Watchfield Village Hall on Wednesday 16th May and 20th June at 2pm. No need to book. £3.50 per person including tea/coffee and cakes. For more information on the film showing, please call Ann on 07827 235440
Thursdays at Watchfield Village Hall 7.15pm – 8.30pm. 6 week course starting from June 7th 2018. Suitable from 14 weeks. For further information please contact Nicki Clinch on 07866 957234 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice of Public Rights This link shows the notice of the public rights to view parish council accounts and details of who to contact.
The 2018 Watchfield Fete will be held on Saturday June 2nd between 12 noon and 5pm on Watchfield Recreation Ground. Attractions include a fun fair, ferret racing, arena acts, live music, Punch and Judy, magic show, children’s games, bottle tombola, BBQs, bar, coconut shy, ice cream, refreshments, traditional stalls, car boot and much more. Alongside the Fete there will be a large Dog Show and the schedule is shown below. To book a stall or car boot pitch please contact Ruth on 01793 782234, email@example.com at £10 for a single pitch or £15 trade
Watchfield Village Hall Management Committee
Companion Dog Show
(To be held under Kennel Club Regulations)
Saturday June 2nd 2018 at Watchfield Recreation Field Nr Swindon
Entries from 12 Noon Judging 1pm. £1.50 per class
Judge Mr Graham Stirk (Grakar)
- A/V Puppy (6 – 12 months)
- A/V Sporting
- A/V Non Sporting
- A/V Open
- Novelty Classes
- Companion Dog Club
- Best Veteran (7 years and over)
- Best Crossbreed
- Handsomest Dog
- Prettiest Bitch
- Junior Handler (Under 11 years)
- Junior Handler (11-16 years)
- Dog in best condition
- Dog with most appealing eyes
- Best six legs- Owners too!!
- Best Pair
- Waggiest Tail
- Dog most like its owner
- Dog the Judge would most like to take home
- For enquiries Tel: 01793 782234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- No dogs under Six months – No CC Winners – No Reserve CC Winners – No Junior Warrant Certificate holders –No Bitches in season. Only undocked dogs and legally docked dogs may be entered for exhibition at this show. Whilst every care will be taken, the Village Hall Committee will not be held responsible for any accident or loss in any way.
- Best in Show Cup kindly sponsored by Watchfield Opticians
- Rosettes kindly sponsored by Vets 4 Pets at Stratton & Bridgemead
- If your dog is found to be at risk, forcible entry to your vehicle may be necessary without liability for any damage caused.
- Rosettes to sixth place Rosettes for Best in Show, Reserve Best in Show, Best Puppy and Junior Handlers. – Cup for Best in Show.